Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

Uploading forum + .zip decompression

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Uploading forum + .zip decompression Reply with quote

Hey man,

I was just uploading some images and thought that since my host only allows me FTP access, it would awesome to have a form available some where to upload images via the web browser. For times when I end up on computer that doesn't have a ftp client installed or if I'm just being really lazy.Also being able to upload a .zip file and have it decompressed creating the directory with all the pics in it would be awesome.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludo-

The web-based upload, while a good idea, is something I've ignored in the past. It didn't really fit with my original idea, but that may be revisited. Somewhere on the web (I forget the name at the moment) is this FTP java applet that you can put on your site. Basically you can FTP from any computer just using the applet. You can even set it up with some of the connection fields pre-filled to match your site.

I do like the zip decompression idea though! That unzipping might take quite a while, and I'd be faced with the same timeouts that I have struggled with in creating the thumbnails, etc. If I can find a way around that, it'll make the list!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: