Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

No Gallery Page

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woutersa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: No Gallery Page Reply with quote

Hi!
Everything seems to work fine. But sadly the gallery doesnít pop-up. I created the gallery page automatically, and itís there, but when I click on the link, thereís an empty page!?

Whatís wrong?

Thanks,
Anton
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anton-

I'm not sure what's wrong from your description. Send me your URL and I'll take a look. If you want to keep your URL private, you can send me a private message.

Thanks,
woutersa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a quick response!

The URL is www.brouwou.nl/moblog

Thanks,
Anton
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anton-

I looked at your page, and want to make sure I understand what you're concern is. When I click on a thumbnail, it launches the lightbox (or is it thickbox) plugin and just spins and never loads the image. Is that what you're asking about?

I'm assuming you've changed the "when I click on a thumbnail" preference in the lazy-k-gallery options to use lightbox on purpose. Is that true? Where did you get your lightbox/thickbox plugin from? There are quite a few plugins/scripts using those names and my gallery only works with some of them.
woutersa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korey,

I'm totally confused. I was away from home for the weekend. I'm sure the gallery didn't work when I left. Now, on monday I checked it after reading your message, and now it works... Really strange...

Now I have only one thing to solve (I guess). That's the picture not showing, but that's the thing you refer to.

I have selected the option: Navigation: When the user clicks on a thumbnail... Show the regular slide page
I use WP lightbox 2 version 0.5.

I will play around with some settings to see if there's a difference in behaviour.

Thanks for your support!

Anton
woutersa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked some settings. Everything seems to work, except for the default setting...

Well, no problem for me, I just use some other settings!

Thanks,
Anton
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't answer as to which lightbox/thickbox plugin you're using, but there is a version of the "lightbox" plugin out there that gets a little overzealous. It wrongly interprets the links to the slides as links to images and tries to activate the lightbox scripts when it shouldn't. If you're using the plugin from http://zeo.unic.net.my/notes/lightbox-js-version-20/, you'll have that problem. I've talked with the author of that plugin about the issue.

If you use the other versions (list in the FAQ at http://plugins.atterberry.net/lazy-k-gallery/faq/) you shouldn't have any problems. Of course I'm just guessing that's the issue you're having, but I wanted others to find this solution.
woutersa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did check the lightbox version:
"I use WP lightbox 2 version 0.5. "

or is that not what you mean? I got it from http://zeo.unic.net.my/notes/lightbox-js-version-20/

Everything works fine now, just look at www.brouwou.nl/moblog/ Razz

Just one last question: Is there an easy way to split a large dir with images in peaces in the gallery?

Thanks,
Anton
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the one. That rendition of a lightbox plugin doesn't work quite right. It's looking for image links and mistakenly interprets my gallery links as image links. I do have a fix for it somewhere.

As far as splitting up large directories, there isn't any magical way in Lazy-K Gallery to do that just yet. I've had requests for "pagination" but haven't made it a high priority. The easiest way is just use two subfolders in your gallery folder.
woutersa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't see any strange things or so. It seems to work fine now... Also my gallery links seem to work fine.

Pagination would be a nice feature. Especially when you just add pictures to a certain directory automatically.

If I may, another question: I know it's possible to make links to subfolders in the main gallery dir. Is it also possible to link even further (for example Holiday\spain\part1 or something). I tried this and it seemed to work, but the pictures weren't displayed correct. Only the filenames where shown...

Anton
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anton-

Absolutely! You can nest folders as deeply as you want. I don't understand what problem you're experiencing. Can you try to explain further? I have probably four levels deep on my personal site.
woutersa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is that I cannot make a direct link to a gallery that's nested multiple levels deep. I can make a link to the index and to a dir in the "root" as explained on your website, but further doesn't seem to work.

Anton
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anton-

I see you've got some extra links on your navigation bar. If I'm guessing correctly, it looks like you set up "subgalleries" on their own pages for each of your folders. Are you saying that creating a subgallery for a folder two levels deep isn't working for you?

If you don't want to use subgalleries, you can always just make links a within the main gallery, like http://plugins.atterberry.net/lazy-k-gallery/photos/?lzkfile=Animals%2FTang%2F, which links to the Animals folder and the Tang folder inside of it. I haven't seen anyone do what you're doing exactly, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Let me know if the subgalleries aren't working right for you, though.
woutersa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korey,

I thought everything worked, but now I have a new strange problem.

I have the chosen the following settings:
Navigation: When the user clicks on a thumbnail... Show the slide using lightbox --> This works

When the user clicks on a slide... Show the full sized image in a new window --> This doesn't work, actually, whatever option I choose, following a lightbox option first ("When the user clicks on a thumbnail), it seems to be ignored...

I changed my lightbox plugin to one that is supported according to your FAQ.

Any ideas? I appreciate your help,

Anton
abcd255

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Should you consider buying Nike TN Shoes Reply with quote

Nike tn shoes have all the features that a person should be looking for. With stylish design and the use of durable materials, this ensures that you will be getting a great quality product that you will be able to use for a long time. With its steady innovations such as the Air Zoom Yorker (a shoe that has been designed for cricket and that is claimed to be 30 per cent lighter that that of the competition) Nike tn is determined to stay at the front in terms of technology.

Furthermore, with the advent of the Nike ID, you can order shoes that are custom made according to your colors and specifications and all this delivered at the front of your doors. This type of service make Nike tn a must consider brand when buying shoes.

Nike footwear can also be purchased almost everywhere. There are a lot of distributors and retailers that stock all type of Nike sneakers and should be readily available for you. Still if you cannot get your hand on a pair of Nike footwear, you could consider buying them online from a lot of sites that stock these fantastic shoes.

Given that, Nike footwear are not that expensive you should take time before choosing the shoes that you will be purchasing. First, try to look for the piece of technology that you are looking for in the shoes. You can do this by going online and reading some reviews or you just can visit the nearby Nike stores and seek some piece of advice from the seller.

Just as with any other shoes, you should buy Nikes that fit your feet and not just one that you consider stylish. What is the use of purchasing a shoe that will make you have nightmares as soon as you wear them?

It is always advised to buy sneakers in the evening after your feet has swollen a bit so that you can have the true size of your feet. While trying your shoes, do not hesitate to walk in the store to see if you are comfortable in these shoes.

If you are buying online, make sure that there is a return policy that is in place in case you are not sure that the shoe will fit your site. If in uncertainty, you will be better off buying your sneakers at the nearest Nike store.

Choosing Nike tn sneakers is indeed a good decision and you will be sure that you will be getting a high quality product. Just as Nike slogan, just do it!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: