Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

You won't believe this

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: You won't believe this Reply with quote

i can't belive what just happened Korey,

I was good to go so in 'smartftp I thought get rid of the old folders that I did wrong the first time yesterday,. Before my very eyes smartftp removed all the forum completely. Honest I clicked on the album folder thats all and bang I am dead in the water.All my work from weeks gone.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

See you when I am back up again Korey. I am in total shock!!!
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate-

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Do you have any backups? Can your hosting company restore for you?

I think if you reinstall wordpress with the same settings you'll be able to use the same database. All of your posts, pages, etc. are actually stored in the MySQL database, not on your filesystem. I don't know an awful lot about installations, but with proper help you should be able to at least save some of your work. You might check on the Wordpress support forums to see if anyone there has any suggestions.
kate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korey,

Nothing left at all. All the databases had gone too, maybe Fantastico works that way. Nothing to retrieve in PHPMyadmin either. The day got worse. I have had Dreamweaver forums for around 18months with video tuts, and text tuts. The Smartftp took that forum too but I am saying 'cheese' as wide as I can...lmaooooooo

Also my Opera blog image folder has gone, seems ok lol

http://my.opera.com/katalina/blog/

I have now re-installed Wpress, also decided to go with X-oops for the forum for DW. Its gong to take me many a while to get back where I was but I will.

Thanks korey I will still visit but i need time before I do the gallery again. Did I manage to upload the second image in cpanel I am not sure so here it is again:

Tell me if is right.

Embarassed Embarassed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: