Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

GD error?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of seems to be pointing to a lack of memory issue of some sort. Do you happen to know what your quota is for memory usage on your host?

I've seen some suggestions on php.net, etc. on ways to temporarily increase the quota, but those are a little hit-and-miss, since hosts usually set quotas for a reason... I'll take a look.
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late response been busy with a lot latly. I do not know my quota off hand and have yet to call them to find out for sure. Any word on the possible fixes?
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just about finished with v1.3.8, which will add some sorting options, clean up the cache manager, and attempt to solve the memory issues. Before doing the resizing, I'm requesting more memory. They say that won't always work (since what good are quotas if they can be ignored!) but it's worth a shot.

I've made quite a few changes, so I'm going to have to do a little more testing than usual on this version.
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats great! Im excited for the new version. If you need an extra tester feel free to let me know.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure - I can send you the new version before the public release, especially to see if it helps on your memory issues.

Thanks!
kate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopfuly my webhost will update the a newer version of PHP

Watch your cpanel/fantastico when your host upgrades. Most of the scripts don't work properly in PHP5. I hope things are ok now that version has been around a while. I still remeber the horrifing tales of sites broken. Example. For Invision Power Board software all went well before the upgrade but boy what trouble afterwards all for the sake of two files that needed just // yet a host said they did'nt know how to fix. We fixed it ourselves.
Very Happy
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludo-

Version 1.4 (released just now) includes some new code that attempts to increase the memory quota. Let me know if you get a chance to try it. According to some stuff I read it might help, but I don't have any way of testing here.
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed v1.4 last night, but still having problems with large resolution images. instead of the error message I just get part of the page loaded. Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.ludothegreat.com/?page_id=22&lzkfile=Random%2F

If I resize the image or remove it the page loads fine.

Also my Cache manager no longer works. I tell it to do something (example: "Delete all cached thumbnails") and hit the process button it does absolutely nothing.

EDIT: I lied... when I click the process button it says:

Current progress:
Processing ...
Processed 0 out of 13 folders. 0 errors

and then does nothing.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludo-

You know, about the cache manager issue, I had another guy report the same thing, but before too long it cleared up. I don't know for sure, but it seems like either a Wordpress cache or browser cache issue. The cache manager uses Ajax, which essentially makes a series of calls to the web server, one for each folder (for deleting) and one for each image (for creating cached images). I'll see if I can figure out what's going on or find a way to clear those caches.

About the large image issue, the main thing I tried was adding the following line to the lazy-k-image-gallery.php file:

Code:
ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

I was hoping that would request some more memory from your host for resizing the images, but it sounds like it's not working. If you're interested in experimenting, you might try changing that "32M" value (which means 32 megabytes) to 16M to see if that works, or perhaps some other values. If none of those help, you can also just remove the line and the gallery should behave as it did before.

These are both especially tricky since they don't happen on my test sites. I'll do some digging.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludo-

I thought of one other thing, perhaps a way to figure out whether you're experiencing problems with a file format or if we've got a memory issue.

If you're up for an experiment, take one of those great big JPG's that are giving you problems and open it in your favorite graphics editor. Try saving that file as a BMP and PNG, and also resave as a JPG (so this new JPEG is written by your graphics program, not your camera). Put those files in your gallery and see which of those work. This way, we might be able to tell whether there's a problem with GD handling large JPEG's, GD handling the specific JPG's from your camera, or GD handling large images in general.

I hate to suggest shots in the dark like this, but we don't have any real good evidence on what's actually happening yet.
abcd255

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: why almost all women have many handbags Reply with quote

Handbags have been a good accessory in completing women's outfit. There are a wide variety of handbags that come in different styles, designs, materials, colors and sizes. These accessories have great significance because of their versatility features. Both men and women carry bags, however, it is just well-known that women use them more than men. Furthermore, handbags are also use to create a fashion statement. Different designs and styles are born each year. Celebrities and popular TV icons are often the first to try trendy handbags to complete their looks.
Different variety of handbags were basically designed for different purposes. And to make it widely available to everyone, such fashion accessories are now available in different variety of designs, styles and colors to incorporate with different wardrobes. This is the reason why almost all women have 3-5 different types of handbags in their closet
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: