Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

GD error?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: GD error? Reply with quote

Just installed your gallery and am getting to following error when viewing galleries.

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/homepages/15/d182723325/htdocs/lazy-k-gallery/reptiles/Aiden/101_1415.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /homepages/15/d182723325/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/lazy-k-gallery/lazy-k-gallery-image.php on line 147

heres a direct link: http://www.ludothegreat.com/?page_id=22&lzkfile=reptiles%2FAiden%2F

Im thinking its a GD error, but I know for a fact that GD is installed because Ive used it with gallery2.

Thanks for your time and help.
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so it seems to be a problem with the formating of my digital camera. If I upload another file it seems to work alright.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that before - always from a corrupted image though. Is it all of the files from that camera, or just one?
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be all of the images from the camera. I figured out an easy fix and just used a batch resizer to convert the images to a jpeg file that works.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's not good. That takes the "Lazy" out of my gallery's title!

Can you send me one of those photos so I can try it out?
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure no problem at all. Heres one that I have uploaded to my gallery right now that is not working. All it takes is a simple resize in any program and it works.

http://ludothegreat.com/lazy-k-gallery/reptiles/Aiden/100706%20003.jpg

Here the gallery too if you want to see the error. The image/error is about 1/2 way down.

http://www.ludothegreat.com/?page_id=22&lzkfile=reptiles%2FAiden%2F
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - nice site! I grabbed that photo and put it into my test gallery, and it worked fine... I wonder if you have an older version of the GD library than I have...

A couple of ideas that I had:
1. Have you tried deleting the thumbnail and slide that correspond to that image and see if can regenerate?
2. It looks like there's a space in the file name. That should be fine, but have you tried renaming?
[/list]
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I have been hard at work trying to fill it with content. Your gallery plugin is going to help me out with that a lot with that.

I just went into the thumbnail dir for that gallery and there isnt even a thumbnail for it. Same with the slide dir. Renaming the file so there is no spaces dosent seem to help either :/ If i click on the hyper link in the error message it will take me to the slidshow page and if i click the hyper link there again it will pull up the large image. My host is running GD Library version 2.0.21 with GIF support.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some searching, and there seem to be a few issues out there in PHP and GD that can cause that issue for valid files. There is one that is supposedly fixed in PHP 5.1.3 and some other references.

I've running PHP 4.3.11 with GD version 2.0.28. I don't know for sure whether it's a PHP issue, a memory issue, or I'm doing something wrong, but I thought I'd throw that out.

Are your files particularly large?
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopfuly my webhost will update the a newer version of PHP then when it is released. I doubt it though. Currently they are running PHP 4.4.4 currently.

The image files are rather large for image files. Some are upto 3mb at 2856x2142 pixels. Id really like to be able to keep them that size though. But for now ill keep on resizing.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the trouble- I'm not entirely sure what's causing that. PHP 5 has been out for a long time, but like I said, I'm using PHP 4.x and it's working fine for me.

I saw some comments that a memory issue (i.e. big file) could cause that error, but I've also seen folks actually getting a "memory constraint" error message instead of that error message.

One interesting thing to try (just as an experiment) would be to set the resolution of your camera down to a smaller size, take a few pictures and upload those. That might help us understand whether your camera creates JPEGs that GD doesn't like, or if it's an out-of-memory issue.

In the meantime, if you want a workaround, you can batch resize your images, upload them, use the cache manager to create your thumbs and slides, then upload your full size originals over the top of your resized images. That way, you're just using the resized images to get the slides and thumbnails to create, but your users can still see your full-size images.
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trouble really, I'm not sure what is the cause either. To be honest I know next to nothing about PHP and GD. I do know it has somthing to do with the format of my camera though. No matter what settings I try with the camera (even the lowest quality) stil causes the error. If I run them threw a batch resizer it works fine.

I look forward to new versions of the gallery though man. Good stuff you got going here.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That's good to know that it's not a file size issue, but unfortunately that those files won't work.

Say, do you mind sharing the make/model of your camera in case others have the same problem?
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all. Its a:

Kodak easy share z760 6.1mp
ludothegreat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man just wanted to let you know it seems more along the lines of GD error. Ive tried using pictures off of other digital cameras and am getting the same errors untill I resize the pictures to at least 1536x1152. Anything smaller works fine.

PS. Any word on the next version?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: