Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

Problem with basic installation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iyusaf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Problem with basic installation Reply with quote

Howdy Korey,

I am testing your gallery plugin on a local Windows XP Wordpress 2.04 installation. I have probably munged something basic, but the gallery link from my blog returns a 404 error. I followed the instructions to the best of my knowledge and scanned the FAQ and forum. Here's the config info from the admin page:

Configuration Information

* The URL for your images directory is: http://localhost/wordpress/gallery/
* Your images should be physically located at: C:\Program Files\xampplite\htdocs\wordpress/gallery/
* Version: 1.3.7

I am using "gallery" as the Gallery path. Also I ran the cache manager and was able to correctly generate thumbnails.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thank you!
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-

If I'm guessing correctly, you've also named your wordpress page "gallery", right? If so, that's a problem, and one that I recently discovered and need to add to the FAQ. Just rename either your photo page (actually, the page "stub" or just change the name of your gallery folder (the one you FTP to) and things should be fine.

Let me know if that solves your problem, or if it doesn't, for that matter.

Thanks for checking.
iyusaf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I actually had two issues which are now resolved.

1. I was using Wordpress date and name based Permalinks. Turning them off solved my original problem.

2. The second problem is similar to what Sascha in the original forum ran into -- the thumbnail link to the slide did not work.

The following URL did not work
Code:
http://localhost/wordpress/?page_id=36&lzkfile=01.jpg

Manually modifying the URL to the following worked!
Code:
http://localhost/wordpress/?page_id=36&lzkfile=01.jpg

So I went ahead and edited the php file line 660 as follows
Code:
return '?'.htmlentities($argString); // v1.3.6 ??? Sascha's issue on the forums

to this
Code:
return '?'.str_replace('&', '&', htmlentities($argString));

Thanks for doing a great job on this plugin. Will post additional feedback as I have it.

Best,
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sascha and I never figured out what it is that caused that ampersand problem... It's an issue I'd like to address, but I'm not sure of the cause. I asked the following in the old forum:

Quote:
Regarding the html entities issue you were having, I wonder if your php.ini is set up correctly…

I created a file called iniget.php with just the following text: <?php echo ini_get(’arg_separator.output’) ?>

When I open that page in the browser, I get just a single character, the ampersand. Is that what you get as well?

If you get a chance would you mind trying that to see what you get?

Thanks!
iyusaf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reviewed php.ini and as you suspected, it is the source of the problem. I am using the default configuration of php which comes bundled with xampplite http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html.

Code:
; The separator used in PHP generated URLs to separate arguments.
; Default is "&".
arg_separator.output = "&amp;"
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Thumbnail links to slides broken - arg_separator issue Reply with quote

Great- thanks for the report. I haven't been able to figure out why that package sets up PHP that way, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks,
iyusaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for a terrific gallery plugin. It's working perfectly now.
DaveR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: 404 Error at will Reply with quote

I can create and fix the 404 error at will.

1. Setup a brand new WordPress 2.1.2 site
2. Make a folder under your WordPress to store your images
3. Login and change Permlink structure from Default to Date and name based
4. Activate Lazy-K
5. Adjust your Lazy-K options
6. Create your Post or Page with the code to bring up the Gallery
7. View Site and click on the Gallery link
8. 404 Error
9. Go back to Site Admin
10. Change Permalink back to Default
11. View the Site
12. Viola! The Gallery displays

Would love to set Permalinks back to Date and name to make them more Search engine friendly.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Dave!

So, if you change the setting back to date-based after those steps, is it still broken? Changing the permalinks setting causes the .htaccess file to be updated, so I wasn't sure.
DaveR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...

Switching back and forth causes the Gallery to break and work.

With the Default setting clicking on the Gallery Page brings up: http://www.domainname/?page_id=7

With it set to Date and name you get: http://www.domainname/index.php/gallery/

and the resulting 404 error.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - thanks for the report, Dave. I'll try that out on my test site and see if it happens there as well.
abcd255

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Should you consider buying Nike TN Shoes Reply with quote

Nike tn shoes have all the features that a person should be looking for. With stylish design and the use of durable materials, this ensures that you will be getting a great quality product that you will be able to use for a long time. With its steady innovations such as the Air Zoom Yorker (a shoe that has been designed for cricket and that is claimed to be 30 per cent lighter that that of the competition) Nike tn is determined to stay at the front in terms of technology.

Furthermore, with the advent of the Nike ID, you can order shoes that are custom made according to your colors and specifications and all this delivered at the front of your doors. This type of service make Nike tn a must consider brand when buying shoes.

Nike footwear can also be purchased almost everywhere. There are a lot of distributors and retailers that stock all type of Nike sneakers and should be readily available for you. Still if you cannot get your hand on a pair of Nike footwear, you could consider buying them online from a lot of sites that stock these fantastic shoes.

Given that, Nike footwear are not that expensive you should take time before choosing the shoes that you will be purchasing. First, try to look for the piece of technology that you are looking for in the shoes. You can do this by going online and reading some reviews or you just can visit the nearby Nike stores and seek some piece of advice from the seller.

Just as with any other shoes, you should buy Nikes that fit your feet and not just one that you consider stylish. What is the use of purchasing a shoe that will make you have nightmares as soon as you wear them?

It is always advised to buy sneakers in the evening after your feet has swollen a bit so that you can have the true size of your feet. While trying your shoes, do not hesitate to walk in the store to see if you are comfortable in these shoes.

If you are buying online, make sure that there is a return policy that is in place in case you are not sure that the shoe will fit your site. If in uncertainty, you will be better off buying your sneakers at the nearest Nike store.

Choosing Nike tn sneakers is indeed a good decision and you will be sure that you will be getting a high quality product. Just as Nike slogan, just do it!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: