Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

Thumbnails flow under righthand sidebar

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Thumbnails flow under righthand sidebar Reply with quote

Using WordPress 2.1.2.
Using Sidebar Widgets
Using the Silver Lexus Theme (three colum with sidebars left and rigt)

Your plug-in is installed and working fine, with one issue.

Click Gallery and you get the listing of folders - good
Click on a folder and the thumbnails are displayed - good

Issue. The thumbnails extend under the sidebar on the right. Happens with and without Sidebar Widgets enabled.

visit htp://www.southwestkarters.com and click Gallery on the top menubar to see what I mean.

Is there an easy way to hard code in your CSS how many thumbnails to display horizontally? If I could limit them to either 2 or 3 horizontally and then let them flow as far vertically as they needed to that would resolve my issue. Might also be a nice thing to add to the options/advanced menu.

BTW, thanks for putting together an easy to use gallery plugin.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-

I'd have to take a detailed look to be certain, but I'm guessing the problem lies with how the sidebars "float." "Floating left" basically means that the object will try to move left until it hits something. I tell the thumbnails to float left, and they will wrap once they hit something on the right. I haven't seen any other sites that had a problem in this area.

One thing we can try is designating a specific width for the DIV that contains the thumbnails.

In the lazy-k-gallery.css file, there is a rule that looks like this:

Code:
#gallery div.thumbs
{

}

Try putting "width: 300px;" inside of the brackets. That will make the group of thumbs 300 pixels wide. You'll certainly need to tweak that number to get it looking the way you want. If that doesn't work, we'll have to figure out how to make your floating work properly.
DaveR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fixed it! Thanks.

300 would only show a single column of Thumbs. Setting at 600 set it to allow three columns

If you want to see your plugin at work the site is

http://www.southwestkarters.com
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!

I did notice that the previous and next links on your slide pages go underneath the right side stuff as well. You can use the same trick on the "nav" div as well and that should solve the problem.

Take care,
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: