Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

Picture order

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legacy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Picture order Reply with quote

Hey, me again

I managed to set it up. Only one small problem: http://www.lipkens.eu/dali/?page_id=22&lzkfile=Atletiek%2F

It would be nicer if the pictures were in a better position like on: http://www.lipkens.eu/orbis/blog/?page_id=20&start=&pstart=&lzkfile=Doop%2F

The order is nicer on the second one. I tried the default them, but I get the same problem.

Any sollution?

Greets

D
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donít entirely see what you did to change the second one. Iíll agree it does look nicer.

If youíre referring to how the images donít form nice rows, you can fix that easily. Each image is set up to ďfloatĒ to the left until it hits something. You have some very square images which are screwing that up. If you decrease your thumbnail height it should solve your problems. Look at your site, the smallest thumbnail I saw was 100◊75, so try leaving your width setting alone but decrease your thumbnail height to around 70. Donít forget to visit the cache manager to rebuild your thumbnails. Did you modify the thumbnail size settings from the defaults?

Let me know how that turns out, or if thatís not what your had in mind, feel free to explain.
Josip

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Picture order Reply with quote

Hi Korey,

I am having the same issues as Legacy. The images donít form nice rows. I donít like using the option to crop my images as I like to have the thumbnail to display the exact image that will be shown. Also the crop image feature crops off vital sections of the image that I would like to appear to people so they will see the full thumbnail that represents the large image.

All my images are 100x75 for landscape and 75x100 for portrait. I have tested Lazyest Gallery plugin which seems to work perfectly. He has the following options to select:

Number of thumbnails per page: ( 0 will disable pagination )
Number of columns you want to split your folders view:
Number of columns you want to split your thumbnails view:

I myself like having 5 images per column and have 20 images show per page. It keeps it all looking nice and neat. It will take less time to load 1 of 5 pages with 20 images than 200 images on 1 page.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could implement these features.
Thanks.

Cheers,

Josip
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josip-

I like the pagination idea (splitting images into multiple pages) will probably implement it one day, but I didn't like Lazyest Gallery's approach to laying out the images. That plugin uses a table for laying out the images, but mine's just implemented as a list with some CSS to make it "float" to the left. My approach will handle resizing nicely, in case the user uses a different size window for the browser (when using a non-fixed width theme, that is).

Unless I'm mistaken, you can handle your "columns" by selecting an appropriate thumbnail size. Given the size of the thumbnails you have, if you choose 100x100 as your thumbnail size everything should work like you're expecting. I take that height and width as "maximum" size, so a 100x75 image would still be 100x75 but be centered in a 100x100 box. You don't have to crop the images using the "crop" function.

Oh wait, are you wanting the images to line up horizontally AND vertically? If so, we can tweak your CSS file I'm sure. Let me know if that's the case and we can take a look.

Thanks,
Josip

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korey,

Thanks for the reply.
I have tested the thumbnail size to 100x100 and it still doesnít line the picture up properly. The images donít center in a 100x100 box as you stated. I am wanting the images to line up horizontally and vertically so they are lined up in rows and columns.

I have a test site so you can see whatís happening. http://test.medj.com.au/?page_id=9&lzkfile=Spain%2F

Is there are way we can fix this with CSS? I believe this should work straight from the box without a user having to tinker with the CSS.

How long do you think it will be until you implement pagination as i do have some folders with over 200 images which are displayed on 1 page with is takes ages to load and the page is way too long.

Thank you so much for your help. Very Happy

Cheers dude,

Josip Mr. Green
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: