Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums
Home of Lazy-K Gallery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Korey's Wordpress Plugins Site

Comment Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Comment Problems Reply with quote

Hello, LazyK is awesome etc. and I've got it just about the way I want for one of my site sections, but I'm having a problem with the comments. I added the per-picture-comment code to my comments.php, but comments won't go through on the pictures nor on the main page that is displaying the album listing. When I try to comment as a test I just get a blank page. Comments are working fine in other sections of my website.

I'm using Wordpress 2.1 and the "Silver Lexus" theme. Here's my comments page (with the LazyK code included)

Code:
<?php // Do not delete these lines
   if ('comments.php' == basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']))
      die ('Please do not load this page directly. Thanks!');

if (!empty($post->post_password)) { // if there's a password
            if ($_COOKIE['wp-postpass_' . COOKIEHASH] != $post->post_password) {  // and it doesn't match the cookie
            ?>

<p class="nocomments">This post is password protected. Enter the password to view comments.<p>

<?php
            return;
            }
        }

/* This variable is for alternating comment background */
      $oddcomment = 'alt';
        $commentcount = 1;
?>

<!-- You can start editing here. -->
 <?php if (function_exists('lzk_filter_comments')) {$comments = lzk_filter_comments($comments);} ?>
<?php if ($comments) : ?>
   <h3 id="comments">There <?php comments_number('is', 'is', 'are' );?> currently <?php comments_number('zero responses', 'one response', '% responses' );?> to “<?php the_title(); ?>”</h3>
        <p>Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment!</p>
   <ol class="commentlist">

<?php foreach ($comments as $comment) : ?>

<li class="<?php echo $oddcomment; ?>" id="comment-<?php comment_ID() ?>">

<a href="#comment-<?php comment_ID(); ?>" class="comment_no" title="Permanent Link to this Comment"><?php echo $commentcount++; ?></a>

<?php if (function_exists('gravatar')) { gravatar_image_link(); } ?>

On <?php comment_date('F jS, Y') ?>, <cite><?php comment_author_link() ?></cite> said:
         <?php if ($comment->comment_approved == '0') : ?>
         <em>Your comment is awaiting moderation.</em>
         <?php endif; ?>

<blockquote><?php comment_text() ?></blockquote>

</li>

<?php /* Changes every other comment to a different class */
      if ('alt' == $oddcomment) $oddcomment = '';
      else $oddcomment = 'alt';
   ?>

<?php endforeach; /* end for each comment */ ?>

</ol>

<?php else : // this is displayed if there are no comments so far ?>

<?php if ('open' == $post->comment_status) : ?>
      <!-- If comments are open, but there are no comments. -->

<?php else : // comments are closed ?>
      <!-- If comments are closed. -->
      <p class="nocomments">Comments are closed.</p>

<?php endif; ?>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ('open' == $post->comment_status) : ?>

<h3 id="respond">Leave a Reply</h3>

<?php if ( get_option('comment_registration') && !$user_ID ) : ?>
<p>You must be <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-login.php?redirect_to=<?php the_permalink(); ?>">logged in</a> to post a comment.</p>
<?php else : ?>

<form action="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-comments-post.php" method="post" id="commentform">

<?php if ( $user_ID ) : ?>

<p>Logged in as <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-admin/profile.php"><?php echo $user_identity; ?></a>. <a href="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-login.php?action=logout" title="Log out of this account">Logout &raquo;</a></p>

<?php else : ?>

<p><input type="text" name="author" id="author" value="<?php echo $comment_author; ?>" size="22" tabindex="1" />
<label for="author"><small>Name <?php if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label></p>

<p><input type="text" name="email" id="email" value="<?php echo $comment_author_email; ?>" size="22" tabindex="2" />
<label for="email"><small>Mail (will not be published) <?php if ($req) echo "(required)"; ?></small></label></p>

<p><input type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo $comment_author_url; ?>" size="22" tabindex="3" />
<label for="url"><small>Website</small></label></p>

<?php endif; ?>

<!--<p><small><strong>XHTML:</strong> You can use these tags: <?php echo allowed_tags(); ?></small></p>-->

<p><textarea name="comment" id="comment" cols="100%" rows="10" tabindex="4"></textarea></p>

<p><input name="submit" type="submit" id="submit" tabindex="5" value="Submit Comment" />
<input type="hidden" name="comment_post_ID" value="<?php echo $id; ?>" />
</p>
<?php do_action('comment_form', $post->ID); ?>

</form>

<?php endif; // If registration required and not logged in ?>

<?php endif; // if you delete this the sky will fall on your head ?>

If it matters at all, I also have ANIga gallery installed for a seperate site feature than the one I'm using LazyK for.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have your site online some place where I can take a look? If you do but don't want to share publicly, you can send me a private message or contact me from http://plugins.atterberry.net/contact. It's kind of hard to see the issue just looking at the code.

Thanks,
MPSai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll PM you, thanks! I am reluctant to post it out as I'm not done with it yet.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at your site, and it says that "comments are closed". Is that what you're trying to fix, or did you shut off commenting since your first post?
MPSai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korey wrote:
I took a look at your site, and it says that "comments are closed". Is that what you're trying to fix, or did you shut off commenting since your first post?

Actually it seems that the page won't show up at all for IE and Mac users, it only shows up in Firefox. The ODD thing is it has more than just LazyK on it. Shocked Now I'm really confused.
Korey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to start with, does that problem still occur if you "deactivate" lazy-k gallery? If so, the problem most likely lies with the theme. I can still try to give you a hand, but let's figure out what's happening first.

Also, is the "allow comments" checkbox set on the gallery page? Is the gallery page using a special page template, or is it the same as the other pages?

Thanks,
abcd255

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Privacy Policy Reply with quote

Who we are
In this Privacy Policy references to "we" and "us" are to Han Dynasty Thrinwalk International Limited
MNJ3339 RMB,1/F.,LA BLDG
36 CORPORATION ROAD
GRANGETOWN,CARDIFF, WALES ZIP Code: CF11 ? registered office Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7TG.
Han Dynasty Thrinwalk International Limited is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Policy explains our data processing practices and your options regarding the ways in which your personal data is used. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us at sinecns@hotmail.com .
Information collected

We collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our web site and other sites accessible from them. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
1. Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, credit or debit card numbers etc.
2. Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A cookie is a small amount of data which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to receive personalised facilities and your progress to check out may take longer. The cookies store information only for as long as you are viewing the website.
3. Your IP address (this is your individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
4. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
1. to process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
2. to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions);
3. to comply with legal requirements.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the "Yes" box when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish - see "Your rights" section below.,
Your rights
1. You can ask us to update your personal information by emailing precise details of your request to sinecns@hotmail.com.
2. You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply email Privacy Policy
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
3. You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for Privacy Policy payable to: Han Dynasty Thrinwalk International Limited to cover our administration costs:-
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
MNJ3339 RMB,1/F.,LA BLDG
36 CORPORATION ROAD
GRANGETOWN,CARDIFF, WALES ZIP Code: CF11 7AW
Other Websites

This privacy policy only covers this website. Any other websites which may be linked to by our website are subject to their own policy, which may differ from ours.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korey's Wordpress Plugins Forums Forum Index -> Installation/Configuration Issues All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: